SW-STRAZY shop and Swarovski Company introduce the 6th International Design Competition «EXPANDING THE HORIZONS»
- Competitive design should correspond to the declared theme «EXPANDING HORIZONS», which is directly connected with the Spring / Summer 2019 «Wanderlust» Swarovski collection.
(Identified by the title “Wanderlust” Swarovski takes to its heart the philosophy of embracing experience, and highlights the reasons why people travel — for boundless joy, a feeling of freedom, “barefoot luxury,” and even higher learning. We hope you will find creative inspiration in the currents of social change that drive and transform us, as expressed in Swarovski Innovations & Inspirations SS19).
- You will be able to compete in 8 nominations and receive 20 winner prizes, a ton of gifts and surprises from SW-STRAZY and Swarovski.
- The presence of competitive crystals is mandatory in the design – for more details see the competition rules.
- Swarovski representatives from Austria will be invited as jury to judge the contestants.
- Works will be accepted until October 2, 2018.
- The most grandiose finale of the contest and rewarding of the winners will be held on November 24, 2018 on a large steam-ship, which will set off on a mini-trip along the Moscow River!
1. The competitive design must correspond to the declared theme «EXPANDING HORIZONS» in one of the specified nominations. The maximum number of works from one participant in all nominations is 2.
2. The same author can send only 2 works to the competition. However, the same author cannot receive several prizes at once in one nomination!
3. The authors' works are accepted in the competition only under condition of not having been previously published anywhere and having been designed specifically for the contest. The participant can publish his competitive work on his resources only after the publication of all the entries on our website in the corresponding section.
4. Competitive work can be executed in any technique.
5. The competition is held in eight nominations:
5.1. The nomination «Design of jewelry» is divided into two areas:
5.2. The nomination «Design of accessories» includes the following items: bracelets, brooches, hair clips, rims, combs, diadems, belts, shoes and so on.
5.3. The nomination «Design of handbags» includes handbags of any size.
5.4. Exclusive! The nomination «Breakthrough of the Year» is chosen in each of the following nominations:
If you do not consider yourself an experienced specialist and have never participated in international competitions before, you can participate in the nominations mentioned above in addition to general nominations.
5.5. Swimsuit for rhythmic gymnastics, synchronized swimming, costumes for figure skating and other costume variations, decorated with Swarovski crystals, are accepted in the nomination «Design of a sports suit for performances».
Accordingly, in each kind of nominations finalists and winners are selected. Competitive design shall be executed in any technique, but with the obligatory implementation of the terms described in clause 6.
5.6. The works that have reached the finals of the competition are involved and will be exhibited in the SW-STRAZY showroom from 22.10.18 to 08.11.18 for audience voting.
Finalists and winners will be selected in each of the nominations stated above.
Competitive design shall be executed in any technique, but with the obligatory implementation of the terms described in clause 6.
6. Mandatory conditions for the competition work:
6.1. The percentage of all Swarovski crystals in the work should make up at least 50% of the area occupied by the design. Mandatory elements prescribed in the Regulations paragraph 6.6, should prevail among all other Swarovski crystals.
6.2. For the nomination «Design of a sports suit for performances», the percentage of Swarovski crystals should not be less than 30% of all decorative elements used in the product. The work must also contain obligatory crystals, prescribed in clause 6.6.
6.3. It is forbidden to use crystals and pastes from other manufacturers.
6.4. When sending a photo of your product to the competition mail email@example.com, it is necessary to accurately list which Swarovski crystals and in what quantity are used in the design.
6.5. The rules of the competition do not forbid usage of the Swarovski crystals from different collections in the designs.
6.6. The list of mandatory elements for usage in the competitive work:
Using all of the listed components in one design at the same time is not a prerequisite!
All listed items can be used in any size and color available for order, if there are no additional conditions, for example, a specific size, color or both.
Fancy Stones of new colors from the Spring / Summer 2019 «Wanderlust» Swarovski collection: Majestic Blue F (296), Crystal Buttercup (001 L124S), Crystal Lilac (001 L126S), Crystal Lime (001 L125S):
4228 Majestic Blue
*1201 Round Stones of color Majestic Blue
1201 27 mm Majestic Blue F
Beads from the Spring / Summer 2019 «Wanderlust» Swarovski collection Fine Rock Tube Beads
Sew-on stones EMERALD CUT
6.7. When submitting work for the competition, it is necessary to indicate the name of the work, and also to submit a short legend along with it.
6.8. Meeting the requirements for the size of works’ photos.
* competitors who will reach the finals in the nomination «Design of a sports suit for performances» and who will not be able to provide work for the final of the competition will need to prepare a video of their product on the model for the final event.
7. The jury evaluates the works according to the following criteria:
8. If your work reaches the final, you agree to submit it to the show in SW-STRAZY, which will be held from 09.11.2018 to 21.11.2018 for spectator voting, and then to the finals of the contest, which will be held in Moscow on November 24, 2018. Your work will be returned immediately after the final.
9. A participant must be 18 years old at the time of application.
10. Photos are accepted until October 2, 2018 at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "EXPANDING HORIZONS." In the letter, be sure to enclose the author's name and surname, the title of the work, the nomination in which you want to participate, contact phone number and an e-mail address, as well as a small text description of your work in 150-200 words.
A big suitcase with Swarovski crystals and candlestick-column with Swarovski crystals and engraving «Winner of the competition»
A medium-size suitcase with Swarovski crystals and candlestick-column with Swarovski crystals and engraving «Winner of the competition»
A small suitcase with Swarovski crystals and candlestick-column with Swarovski crystals and engraving «Winner of the competition»